Monday, February 12, 2007

Death Note Anime : 1st review by Pinkeh




Hello, Pinkeh here. I'm new to the blog, and will now be reviewing along with Mary. My first review will be the Death Note anime. My reviewing skills and pattern will be a bit different than Mary's, but yeah. Let's begin.

Death Note begins with Yagami Light (or Raito), a very intelligent 17-year old, who is bored out of his mind. And just as it happens, he discovers The Death Note, a notebook of death. Whoever's name you write in the note will die. (There are tons of other details and rules about how the note works, but you'll find that out as the story goes along). Light decides to use to note to kill all criminals and cleanse the world. The police, the NPA, FBI and so on, eventually notice all the killings as not quite a coincidence. Thus imerges L (and my ultimate fandom). L is an amazing detective who has solves many difficult cases before. And thus begins the chase, justice vs. evil.

Now, I really like Death Note. I had read the manga before the anime came out, so I had the chance to compare the two while watching the anime. The anime is very loyal to the manga (well, so far) with the exeption of a few add-on scenes which are pretty cute. The only major difference is the art, but of course the art in the anime always is different from the manga art. I find they gave L huge eyes, and Misa's face is screwed up. But the voices are perfect, so points to Japan for that.

Death Note is just a great manga/anime, and I'd recommend it to anyone. Go pick up the manga sometime! Viz has licensed the anime, so please wait patiently 'till it comes out.

Art (anime) 3/5
Story 5/5
Overall 4/5

2 comments:

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed said...

Pinkeh made Ohkeh want to watch and read DN~!

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.